WE MADE IT!!!!

We made it through...finals, moving, first year of dental school, 6 years of marriage and we made it to San Diego. Sorry for the lack of blogging, it has been a pretty busy few weeks. So I guess I'll cram a lot into this post.

FINALS AND FIRST YEAR OF DENTAL SCHOOL
So here we are done with our first year of dental school. I can not even believe how fast that flew by us. I certainly don't wish we could go back, but it was a great year. This year we have had more time together as a family, in school, than ever before. We did have a year off of school before we came out here so I'm not comparing it to that year, just the time we spent while Dave was in school. There were hard and busy times this year but it was nothing like our undergrad years. Undergrad years were filled with not only school but at least 20 hours of working each week. Both of which were about 1/2 hour commute from our house. Many weeks Dave would not see our girls awake from sunday night until thursday night. Some nights he would just stay with friends in Salt Lake since it would take an hour out of studying. Around that same time Ali (2 years old) started playing the animal sounds game, you know when you ask what a certain animal says and they respond with the sound. We taught her to say "love you" when ever we asked what a person would say, like mommy, daddy, grandma, etc. I asked her once, "What does daddy say?" and she responded,without hesitation, "Ba-bye". It made me cry. Anyway we haven't had a lot of time to do fun things or go see all of the beautiful city that we live in but Dave has been home quite a bit of time considering his work load and I'm greatful for that. I guess I'm greatful, as well, for the time he was away during undergrad because maybe that's why it feels like he is home more now. It has been a great experience being so far away from any family, (don't take that the wrong way, we certainly do miss all of our family) because we have really learned how to depend on eachother for everything and we've become a much stronger, happier family. Dave is super excited to start his second year and actually start seeing real patients. He's going to do so well, I'm very very proud of all that he does and has accomplished.

MOVING
Yes we survived moving, barely. At the last minute I started to realize how much of a job it was going to be, especially with me being quite limited since I am pregnant. I began to feel very very overwhelmed and I called to see if my sweet sister Jessica would come out and help me. She came without hesitating and saved my life. She was such a help and we got so much done and I didn't go into labor because of her. It's kind of challenging to move in town, because you don't pack as organized as you would for a move across the country. It was a mess. We stayed up late every night just getting as much done as we could. But the new apartment is fabulous. I am loving everything about it. It is so much bigger and we have much more space to just live. The girls really enjoy having a bigger room. Once we set up their room they played in it with out coming out for about 2 hours. In our other apartment that would have NEVER happened. It is going to be so great for our little family and I'm excited to get back and enjoy it. We spent all of our time working on setting up the house not really living in it.

6 YEARS OF MARRIAGE
On June 1 we celebrated our 6 year anniversary. Well I guess I can't really say celebrated. We were actually picking up the moving truck and packing. We normally go out to eat with our kids on our actual anniversary to celebrate our "family's birthday" and we celebrate on the weekend or something. So we went to the First Year BBQ on the beach for a few minutes to get some food and then back to work, that's all we had time for. We will celebrate in Utah when we have babysitters surrounding us.



But I can't believe it's been 6 years. I love my sweet husband so much and I am greatful to be sharing my life with him. June 1, 2001 was the most beautiful and perfect day ever. We got married really early in the morning because the temple didn't have any other time slots available. We got married at 7:30 in the morning, kind of crazy I know. But the sun was rising above the mountains right about the time we were taking pictures and it made for the most perfect lighting ever. I looked like I was glowing because the way the sun lit up my veil and dress. I remember coming out of the temple after we had gone back in to get our stuff after pictures and little old man looked at us and said, "Am I looking at a brand new little family?" We told him yes and he said, "Well, have a heck of an eternity." And that is what we are doing, at least starting out doing.

TO SAN DIEGO

After a very long drive we are now in San Diego at my family's condo right on the beach, where we will be for a few days. Then onto Disneyland, Las Vegas, Utah and back to San Francisco. We are enjoying relaxing and having nothing to do. We have spent some time at the beach and swimming at the pool, which is the girls favorite. It is beautiful here and I am looking forward to having this whole break to be together as a family. We will be pretty busy with all the places and people we are trying to see but it will still be a fun, and nice break from school and regular life. I will post more about our trip as it happens. For now we are happy that WE MADE IT!!

Comments

Joni said…
Wow, looks like so much fun! I'm so excited to see it you guys, it's been so long! Have extra fun at the beach for us!
erin said…
Happy Anniversary!
Happy 1st Year Graduation!
Happy New Apartment!
Happy Little Girl!
Man, you guys have been busy. Make sure that you squeeze some time in for some game playing in Utah. Perhaps we can snatch the Johnsons too. Enjoy the sun in SanD.
Sheri said…
Mindi I have your potty training book and your doll (that I havent unpacked yet) SOOO SORRY. Please let me know what your new address is and I will mail it to you. So exciting to be done with 1st year. CONGRATS!~sheri
Patrick&Kera said…
you are looking SO good!! i want to see your new place.

Popular Posts