Nursery
So for the first time I actually have a nursery for my baby. It took us 3 kids but I finally have one. With Ali we were in a one bedroom apartment, and then for a few months (while we were waiting for my parents house and basement apartment to be built) just a bedroom. By the time we had a 2nd bedroom she was over 6 months old. Then for Ana they shared a room so she slept in our room for probably 4 months and then transferred to the crib Ali was just in. I am thrilled to have a little nursery. It's kind of what I imagined when we had kids was to get the nursery all ready, and all that exciting stuff.
So I think I went a little crazy with the excitement of it all and decided to make the baby's bedding. I'll have you all know that it was Dave's idea to do new bedding. When we found out it was a girl, he just said, "since we've done the whole girl thing twice already maybe we should get a few new things to make it a little more exciting" Who am I to argue with that? One of the new things he suggested was baby bedding. Although I'm pretty sure when he suggested it he didn't think I was going to make it. If that was the case, he would not have suggested it in the first place.
When we were in Utah for break my mom lets us pick out some material to make a few blankets and she buys it for us. So I found this material for one of my blankets (the one on the chair in the pics below) and decided I "needed" to make the bedding. First of all because it was so cute. And second because I feel like most girl bedding you can buy now-a-days looks best with a white crib and I thought the colors of this material looked great with our crib. And thirdly, because once I have something set in my head it's really hard to get it out. Anyway now it is done and here is the finished project.

This is the quilt that if you look close you can see uneven places and what not but that gives it character right. This quilt is not really necessary (I guess none of it is really necessary) because it will only be used as decoration. But I wanted to make it because with our other bedding Dave made me those quilt clips to hang up the quilt we had with that, and I wanted to use the quilt clips again. And I like having something fill up the wall for decoration, especially since we can't paint.

The bumper and crib skirt. The bumper was by far the hardest to do and the most frustrating.

I actually found this sheet at babies r us. I was pretty excited about it because it matches perfectly. And that little pillow is only because I had extra material and badding, so why not.

The curtains I decided to do just like the crib bumper since you can't really see the crib bumper that well.
Now we are just anxiously waiting until we can bring home our little baby to this room. Wouldn't that be funny if it ended up being a boy!!!
So I think I went a little crazy with the excitement of it all and decided to make the baby's bedding. I'll have you all know that it was Dave's idea to do new bedding. When we found out it was a girl, he just said, "since we've done the whole girl thing twice already maybe we should get a few new things to make it a little more exciting" Who am I to argue with that? One of the new things he suggested was baby bedding. Although I'm pretty sure when he suggested it he didn't think I was going to make it. If that was the case, he would not have suggested it in the first place.
When we were in Utah for break my mom lets us pick out some material to make a few blankets and she buys it for us. So I found this material for one of my blankets (the one on the chair in the pics below) and decided I "needed" to make the bedding. First of all because it was so cute. And second because I feel like most girl bedding you can buy now-a-days looks best with a white crib and I thought the colors of this material looked great with our crib. And thirdly, because once I have something set in my head it's really hard to get it out. Anyway now it is done and here is the finished project.
This is the quilt that if you look close you can see uneven places and what not but that gives it character right. This quilt is not really necessary (I guess none of it is really necessary) because it will only be used as decoration. But I wanted to make it because with our other bedding Dave made me those quilt clips to hang up the quilt we had with that, and I wanted to use the quilt clips again. And I like having something fill up the wall for decoration, especially since we can't paint.
The bumper and crib skirt. The bumper was by far the hardest to do and the most frustrating.
I actually found this sheet at babies r us. I was pretty excited about it because it matches perfectly. And that little pillow is only because I had extra material and badding, so why not.
The curtains I decided to do just like the crib bumper since you can't really see the crib bumper that well.
Now we are just anxiously waiting until we can bring home our little baby to this room. Wouldn't that be funny if it ended up being a boy!!!
Comments
You've outdone yourself.
Very very cute. I'm thoroughly impressed.
Steph