First Day of School


Ali started 2nd grade and Ana started Kindergarten today.

My two little school girls.

Molly had to join in the photo op. Molly and I will get to have a few hours to ourselves everyday.

Ali is such a confident, friendly and happy girl. She has always loved school, and it makes it easier to send her off for the day knowing I don't really need to worry about her.

Oh...my little Ana, on the other hand, doesn't leave me with such a care free attitude while she is away. I worry that she is getting her feelings hurt, because she is quite sensitive. I worry that she is not listening, because she has a tendency to be in her own little world, often.
Dave walked her to her class and said that she was crying a little and having a bit of a hard time. I'm glad I wasn't there because I would not have handled that situation well (as evidenced by the fact that I broke down in the car when he told me about it) and it would have made it worse for her. I guess I'm just surprised at how much I'm feeling like I'm not ready to send her off into the school world.

I know she will get used to it all and she will do great. I guess a lot of the worrying comes from me not wanting to let her go into this next phase of life.

Happy first ever day of school, Ana. I am proud of you!

p.s. Right about now, I'm really feeling like I wish my kids would just stop growing, it's not fair.

p.p.s. I am officially up to date in my blogging. Yay!

Comments

Michelle said…
Oh my. I can't even begin to think about Audrey going to kindergarten. I got teary just reading your blog thinking about sending her to school! What a bittersweet day!
I can't imagine sending my kids off to school. I was just thinking about that today as I watched LaDonna take pictures of her kids before school. Enjoy your time with Molly :)
Loni said…
They are so cute! Did Ana end up having fun? What school did you end up sending them to?
Jaimin said…
Yay for you! I'm still trying to catch up. :P Those girls are just growing too fast. Such little beauties though!! Hope they both had a great first day!
Oh my goodness! 2nd & Kindergarten! I cannot believe how fast time flies. My fav. picture is all 3 of them, especially Molly chillin in the Pj's. So cute. Good luck to them & good luck to you and Dave too :)
Bethany said…
I am amazed that they are both that grown up! Ana is so sweet, she will make some friends quickly ") Ali is so confident always! She is a fireball for sure and I love it!

Oh! I love how Ana described how the Spirit feels! So cute! I love them all so much!

Ps I keep getting rave reviews of anyone who sees our fam pics! One even asked if you did it for a business because she wanted some done! " ) Told you, you are good! love you
Erin said…
I am so not surprised your girls are dressed so cute. You are a good mommy. I am going to cry like a baby when send my girl to school on her first day! My sister said it is so hard to let them go into the world on their own. At least you get them home in the afternoons and evenings for a while longer!
They are getting so big! And so adorable! Can't believe you have kids in SCHOOL!! :)
jocelyn said…
they are so big! i love their back to school outfits. i bet it's weird for you to only have one little child around during the day. ps- doesn't ana wear her glasses anymore? they were so cute.

Popular Posts