More Spice than Sugar
I thought it was time to change up my blog a little. In a house full of all these girls I thought this title would be quite appropriate, and is usually accurate with most girls. I got this little saying from a shirt I got Alison several years ago and I thought it was so funny and so fitting back then and even more so fitting for our family now. Back in kindergarten, Ali told me that she didn't want to wear it to school anymore because all the teachers thought it was funny and would giggle at it. She would also tell me she wished it said, "more sugar than spice". We tried to explain to her that spice isn't a bad thing it just means that she's very energetic and spunky.
And a quick note to clarify my blog. I've often described my blog as a journal for me, and technically that is incorrect. It is more like a journal for my family, or in essence a family scrapbook. (since I have long forgotten that hobby I once had) I've had some conversations with people recently about how my blog paints a rosy picture of how my life really is, which I think is what annoys a lot of people about the whole blogging revolution. My blog does portray a decent picture, our better moments, but I'm not trying to be fake and I'm definitely not hoping that when people read my blog they think that things at the Gordon home are always running perfectly smooth. Truth is we are generally boring, chaotic and often times it seems we have more bad days than good and I don't really care who knows that. I'm not trying to hide that fact, I'm just not wanting to waste my time blogging about it. And as far as what I want to record for my kids and myself to remember, I'll stick to the happy, funny, and picture worthy moments. And occasionally when I do feel like sharing my more personal moments with the rest of the blogging world, I will.
So on that note, continue enjoying the sweet and spicy life of a family full of girls through our blog.
And a quick note to clarify my blog. I've often described my blog as a journal for me, and technically that is incorrect. It is more like a journal for my family, or in essence a family scrapbook. (since I have long forgotten that hobby I once had) I've had some conversations with people recently about how my blog paints a rosy picture of how my life really is, which I think is what annoys a lot of people about the whole blogging revolution. My blog does portray a decent picture, our better moments, but I'm not trying to be fake and I'm definitely not hoping that when people read my blog they think that things at the Gordon home are always running perfectly smooth. Truth is we are generally boring, chaotic and often times it seems we have more bad days than good and I don't really care who knows that. I'm not trying to hide that fact, I'm just not wanting to waste my time blogging about it. And as far as what I want to record for my kids and myself to remember, I'll stick to the happy, funny, and picture worthy moments. And occasionally when I do feel like sharing my more personal moments with the rest of the blogging world, I will.
So on that note, continue enjoying the sweet and spicy life of a family full of girls through our blog.
Comments