Greedy Guts
Well after a wonderful Holiday weekend enjoying tons of family, food and fun, (which I will blog about later) we have our own crime scene investigation.
Dave flew in early this morning to get back to school and went straight to the school, parking our van where he normally parks his jeep everyday. At lunch he got a call from a friend telling him that our van had been broken into and the suitcases had been stolen. Luckily Addi was able to get the license plate # and a description of the car. (I'm not sure if it will help us find anything, but it's better than nothing) I am so so so MAD!! I probably shouldn't be blogging about this yet because I'm still probably a bit too emotionally involved.
I have to keep telling myself that I should consider ourselves lucky that not more things got stolen. The suitcases were filled with plenty, mind you, but it could be much much worse. I tried to cram these suitcases full with as much as I could so that I had less to bring back home when I fly home in a few days. So a TON of my whole families clothes and shoes were in there. As well as some Christmas presents I had shopped for while I was here, including but not limited to; cd's, dvds, toys, candles, games, etc. The saddest part about it is, we celebrated Christmas with my family since we were all together and all the presents from the cousins and grandma and grandpa are gone. I haven't broken the news to the Ali and Ana yet, and I'm certainly dreading that. Ana thinks daddy is hanging up her new dress ups, so they are all ready for her to play with when she gets home.
Most everything is replaceable (if we had the money to replace it). The one thing I can think of right now, that we cannot replace is a beautiful blanket that Dave's Grandma made, that all of our kids have been wrapped in for their blessings.
What sick people find pleasure in steeling little kids Christmas gifts. As Stephanie Tanner from Full House would say; HOW RUDE!!
Dave flew in early this morning to get back to school and went straight to the school, parking our van where he normally parks his jeep everyday. At lunch he got a call from a friend telling him that our van had been broken into and the suitcases had been stolen. Luckily Addi was able to get the license plate # and a description of the car. (I'm not sure if it will help us find anything, but it's better than nothing) I am so so so MAD!! I probably shouldn't be blogging about this yet because I'm still probably a bit too emotionally involved.
I have to keep telling myself that I should consider ourselves lucky that not more things got stolen. The suitcases were filled with plenty, mind you, but it could be much much worse. I tried to cram these suitcases full with as much as I could so that I had less to bring back home when I fly home in a few days. So a TON of my whole families clothes and shoes were in there. As well as some Christmas presents I had shopped for while I was here, including but not limited to; cd's, dvds, toys, candles, games, etc. The saddest part about it is, we celebrated Christmas with my family since we were all together and all the presents from the cousins and grandma and grandpa are gone. I haven't broken the news to the Ali and Ana yet, and I'm certainly dreading that. Ana thinks daddy is hanging up her new dress ups, so they are all ready for her to play with when she gets home.
Most everything is replaceable (if we had the money to replace it). The one thing I can think of right now, that we cannot replace is a beautiful blanket that Dave's Grandma made, that all of our kids have been wrapped in for their blessings.
What sick people find pleasure in steeling little kids Christmas gifts. As Stephanie Tanner from Full House would say; HOW RUDE!!
Comments