Mount Laundry



How does this happen? Seriously, Laundry day has turned into laundry week. So it basically feels like I am doing laundry all the time. I thought our amount of laundry was bad with before Molly was born, now it is just out of control. WOW, little babies sure add their fair share to the laundry load. I think this week I did 10 completely full loads. And that is why we live in an apartment with washer and dryer hookups; we'd need to devise a whole new budget plan if we had to pay for individual loads. I actually used to like laundry day because it was a day I was forced to stay in and not do anything, now it's a very overwhelming task.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh please come to my house so that I can make you feel better about your situation... I've got half the people in my household and twice the laundry... it totally doesn't help that I insist on ironing everything, it makes a day job turn into a month job, and by then I just have to start all over again! I'm getting really sad just thinking about it right now...
Anonymous said…
Oh Mindi, I have a few "Mount Laundry's". It's so crazy how all of a sudden it's up to the ceiling!! I feel your pain girl. :)
Cam said…
yes, it so easily adds up, and once you actually catch up- the hampers fill up again as everyone gets undressed for the day, it can be so depressing! Thank goodness I no longer iron everything Kevin wears, or I'd never be caught up!
Jen C. said…
Mindi, our laundry room ALWAYS has piles like that and just last week the door to the room broke so now I have to actually look at it all the time! It's one of my most hated jobs, but my mom always taught me to try to love dishes and laundry because she says they are the 2 jobs that will literally never end unless you starve and run around without clothes on. :) Given that alternative, I think I'll keep trucking with the laundry and the dishes...
Emily J. said…
Speaking of laundry I was doing it all day today also. I hate it!!! The worst is putting the clothes away after they are folded. I know you probably have done this already but I tagged you on my blog.
Pessoa Fam said…
Wow! That is a lot of laundry! I can only imagine with three kids. I do laundry once a day with only one! I am scared when we have more!

Popular Posts