Survival Mode
I absolutely adore my three little girls. I do, however, feel a little bit like I've gone crazy. Time is going by so fast, I think, mainly because there is not enough of it. I'm waiting for the day when I feel normal again. Molly is such a good baby and I'm thoroughly enjoying her and the other girls for that matter. But the pile of projects that I have gets higher and higher and my desire to do them gets lower and lower. Which is why there is a lack in blogging.
I've heard a lot of people say that transitioning to 3 was the hardest. I don't want to say it is the hardest because I think that hands down the transition to two was harder for me, but it is just a lot of readjusting to a lot of new things.
I've also heard a lot of people say that at about 6 months was when they started to feel like they had it down. Ummm, that's one month away and I don't really see much changing from now and then.
I feel like we've got the whole home routine down. I can manage my kids, the laundry, cooking and cleaning and all that kind of stuff pretty well. But the second I try to add anything at all things get all out of whack and it takes a while to catch up. Which is why I feel like I'm just in survival mode right now. My friend Rocia created this wonderful thing called her "sanity chart". It basically has a column for every day and rows of categories to complete something in each day. Some of the categories are: spouse, service, calling, children, home, spiritual, physical, and self. (There are probably a few more I'm missing) Anyway, I feel like the home, spouse and children are well taken care of. (for the most part) But lot's of times I wonder if I can count going to the bathroom as the "self" category because that's the only time I really have to myself.
I'm really not complaining because I am enjoying my kids more than I ever have. I think it's probably a good thing that I feel like I can't add anything to my life because, knowing me, I would probably add too much. It's been a blessing being forced to cut everything else out of my life and just be a mom right now. I guess "survival mode" isn't that bad, I might try to stay here a while.
I've heard a lot of people say that transitioning to 3 was the hardest. I don't want to say it is the hardest because I think that hands down the transition to two was harder for me, but it is just a lot of readjusting to a lot of new things.
I've also heard a lot of people say that at about 6 months was when they started to feel like they had it down. Ummm, that's one month away and I don't really see much changing from now and then.
I feel like we've got the whole home routine down. I can manage my kids, the laundry, cooking and cleaning and all that kind of stuff pretty well. But the second I try to add anything at all things get all out of whack and it takes a while to catch up. Which is why I feel like I'm just in survival mode right now. My friend Rocia created this wonderful thing called her "sanity chart". It basically has a column for every day and rows of categories to complete something in each day. Some of the categories are: spouse, service, calling, children, home, spiritual, physical, and self. (There are probably a few more I'm missing) Anyway, I feel like the home, spouse and children are well taken care of. (for the most part) But lot's of times I wonder if I can count going to the bathroom as the "self" category because that's the only time I really have to myself.
I'm really not complaining because I am enjoying my kids more than I ever have. I think it's probably a good thing that I feel like I can't add anything to my life because, knowing me, I would probably add too much. It's been a blessing being forced to cut everything else out of my life and just be a mom right now. I guess "survival mode" isn't that bad, I might try to stay here a while.
Comments