24th of July Fireworks
Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of our traditional Mendon, Utah's 24th of July celebration with Dave's family. We really look forward to that party all year long, and it was really fun, yet again. But we did take some pictures of part of our own fireworks show we performed in our driveway the following evening. We had a good time with sparklers and our small but entertaining performance. In the pictures above, I get a kick out of the sequence of events demonstrated in the top right picture and the one directly below it. Dave thought it would be really cool to light a bunch of sparklers all together, which wouldn't surprise anyone that knows him. So he tried it and thought it was really neat for .2 seconds, until he had to throw them very quickly to the ground because they were BURNING hot. Later he tried to just light the whole box of sparklers whilst in the box still which ended up just being a small cardboard box catching on fire.
Molly and Ana were a bit reluctant with the sparklers at first and maybe still a little bit at the end. But they at least let their mother get a picture or two of them holding some. I really like fireworks. I'm glad we have an excuse to use them twice in one month.


Comments