First Day of School




August 27, 2007: Ali's first day of Kindergarten. Sorry about all three pictures, of essentially the same thing, I just thought they were all so cute that I had to post them. She is a sassy little poser.

Both Dave and I thought it was so strange that we were out buying a back pack for our little girl who is starting kindergarten. We got everything ready last night, put names on the back pack, lunch box, and jacket, and set out her clothes. Dave gave her a sweet little Father's blessing for the school year and I packed her lunch.

It was quite the interesting experience. I didn't think it would affect me as much as it did. Last night as I was getting her lunch ready, I was about to put the juice box in and had a little melt down. I brought the juice box into Dave and asked him, through tears, if Ali was even going to be able to get the straw in the box because I always do that for her.

This morning was nothing less than hectic and stressful, even with me waking up at 5:30. I thought I had it all under control but when all was said and done we left late and I couldn't find parking. So I had to park at the church and walk there with both girls. We got there, met her teacher, and waited in the play ground for the morning assembly. We walked up to her classroom and heard a few announcements from the teacher and then the drama. Of coarse the drama did not come from Ali, she barely waved good bye to us. It also didn't come from me, it was my sweet little Ana. She pretty much broke down. She didn't understand why we were leaving without Ali. She was so so sad. Which, in turn, made me a little emotional, you know the whole chain reaction thing with crying. I tried to keep my cool as much as I could , so I at least could look like I had the situation under control. It took a while to calm Ana down, and I think it's going to take some adjusting for a while.

The day went well, I went to Daly City to run errands and doing it with just one child was soooo much easier. I picked Ali up and she loved it. She couldn't be happier or more excited about school. She has been counting down the days for a couple of weeks now and she is just going to love it there. I did leave a little note in her lunch box that said I "heart" U love mommy. She told me when I picked her up that when she saw that note she got really sad and missed me. And instead of playing on the playground she just sat and watched because she was sad. So no more notes in the lunch box. I thought I was being a good mom, but apparently that doesn't work for her.

So here we are starting another chapter in our lives and it's crazy, scary and exciting all in one.

Comments

jocelyn said…
MINDI! Those are all the cutest pictures I have ever seen! She looks so big...like a teenager, huh? Sorry I'm probably not making you feel any better about her growing up so fast! The part about the juice box seriously got me a little teary eyed. It seems like a great time to have another sweet girl to keep you occupied.
Sheri said…
Umm Alli looks 10 years older than she is! So dang cute. Poor Anna! So hard to grow up...It will be her turn soon right?! Hope you guys are doing great. We miss everyone there !!!!
Kristen said…
hi mindy!!! i told you i stalked you on your blog! those pictures are soooooooooo cute!!! i'm sure you will all get used to it. and how funny, i used to love those notes from my mom in my lunchbox- i was surprised to read it made her sad! see you soon!
Becki said…
Hi Mindi! It's so good to hear from you! Three girls huh? That's so fun. I hope to get one some day! :) Anyway, Dan figured out how to do that circle picture thing on our blog. I'll ask himm how he did it and gett back to you on that. Your girls look like they love eachother, I love that! Good luck with your next little one. She'll be a true Californian! My smallest is a real southern boy, kind of crazy. Well, I think this comment is long enough, don't you? Sorry!

Popular Posts