Once Upon a Birthday...


... there was a princess named Ana,

who wished to have a royal celebration.

A proclamation was sent forth across the land, that all eligible maidens were to attend.
"Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Her Majesty Princess Ana, of the house of Gordon, requests your presence at the celebration of the fourth year of her birth."

No royal celebration is complete without crown jewels...

...fashioned by the princesses themselves.


Which resulted in a royal mess.

The festivities included testing their princess senses, like "pin the crown on the princess..."

..and musical pillows, where a "pea" was placed underneath one lucky princesses pillow and if she felt it she received her crown and sat on the throne for the next round.

The cake was made at Princess Ana's special request with a barbie dressed up in a very "sweet" dress.


Everything was perfect!

Cheers!

All her wishes came true.

And the royal princesses lived happily ever after.

And a few party planning tips that I found very helpful, for anyone planning their own celebration of any kind.
1 - If you are doing a craft have two table cloths and fold up the one on top that has the mess on it for a perfectly clean table for the next activity or food.
2 - Serve up a scoop of ice cream in individual cupcake liners before the party and keep in the freezer and just pull them out when you are ready to serve the ice cream. Cuts down on precious time when trying to serve lots of little goody plates to lots of hungry children.
3 - And have a friend not involved in the party come and take pictures and video. Makes things run much smoother for the party planner and you get great pictures without even having to think about it.

A MILLION thanks to my good friend Loni for helping with everything. It would have been a disaster without your help.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it! Your house looks so cute! The decorations for the party look great too :) I bet it felt like a real ballroom! I loved to tips too by the way. I can't believe Ana is 4! You did a great job!
Anonymous said…
What an awesome party! You did a great job (decorations are amazing)! Love the "feet" picture. So adorable. :)
Brooke S said…
What a fun party!!!! Maybe someday I'll copy you... but at the rate I'm going - it's going to have to be a little manly hunter party. :)
Michelle said…
Ummm, I am kinda sad our little baby decided to come when he did and make it so we couldn't come to the party of the year! Audrey would have thought she died and went to heaven...
Joni said…
Wow, so much like Teia's fourth B-day party but, like, a billion times better. I'm not going to let her see these pictures, lest she feel her mommy is not quite as cool as Ana'a mommy (though I'm afraid that's probably pretty apparent).

What a cute party.
Kylene said…
Way to go super mom!! What an absolutely enchanting party. :)
Jamie said…
I've been waiting to see these. What a darling success!
Addi said…
This looks like the best birthday ever! I'm definitely stealing these ideas...if I ever get a girl!
Pessoa Fam said…
WOW! That is the most amazing B-Day party I have ever seen. You are just so crafty! I am so envious! What a little girl's dream!
Emily J. said…
Mindi can I hire you when I finally have a girl. what a magical day for Ana

Popular Posts