Aw Nuts!

A couple of weekends ago we went to the Jelly Belly Factory and then on over to Vacaville to hit up some of the outlets. After we were done with the outlets we decided to let our kids have a break from being strung along for the tiring shopping and took them to this tiny little kids amusement park called Nut Tree. Dave wasn't way excited about the idea because we didn't have much time there before it would close and then it meant a late bed time for the kids. We ended up going anyway because I had made the regrettable mistake of telling the kids about it earlier that day. It was actually a really cute little place, we had the perfect amount of time there and it was really really fun for the kids.

Ana's favorite at any type of park like this is always always the carousel. Bumper cars were a hit too.

There was a little tiny roller coaster. They were both brave enough to go on it, but neither of them really liked it enough to go on it again, as is evident by Ana's expression in this picture at the end of the ride. I guess they are like their mommy in that way, not a big fan of roller coasters.


I think this was their favorite, they both rode it a few times.

Then we had our first experience with Fenton's ice cream and we were quite impressed. Yummy. This sundae, that is as big as Ana's head, wasn't even the biggest one on the menu. But that carmel sauce is to die for.

And the cherry on top of it all was when we finished our ice cream we walked to the car and realized our keys were missing and most likely in the Nut Tree Park that had closed a few hours previous. We called AAA and a few other locksmiths and found out that in order for our car to turn on, even if we could get into it, it has to have the key fob. The only way we could get one of those would be to wait until Monday (keeping in mind this is a Saturday) when a chrysler dealership would be open. So after about and hour on the phone exploring many different options (which included finding a hotel or taking a taxi all the way back to San Francisco, which would have been super expensive and not really helpful because we didn't have our house key) we decided to call the police and see if we could find a way into the park to look for our keys. Anyway to sum up a very long and dramatic story the police had an after hours phone number for someone who let us in and we found our keys right away in the lost and found. It couldn't have worked out any better.

It was a very interesting evening. I was surprisingly calm through out the situation, Alison on the other hand was a wreck. Ana was acting as if nothing was wrong, just in her own little world, playing with the dirt, flowers or anything she could find. It was good things worked out the way they did, when they did because I don't think my, out of character, calmness would have lasted much longer. Needless to say getting duplicates of all of our keys sky rocketed to the top of my very long "to-do" list. We prayed quite a few times during the whole ordeal and it was kind of a neat thing to see, and have my kids see, how we are being looked after and taken care of.

Comments

Joni said…
First of all, would you guys take a break from all the fun? You're making me jealous.

Second, that Sundae makes me scared. Can you imagine how many calories are in that thing?

Third, I'm so glad you were able to find the keys. I would have been freaking out, I think. That really is a great story.
Mindi said…
Well then my plan is working, because I'm just secretly trying to get you guys to come visit us.
Bethany said…
That sundae is amazing. I have never seen one so huge. That sounds like a really fun day, exept the losing the keys part that would have been a tiny bit stressful.
Jamie said…
I don't know why, but for some reason, the only picture that shows up on this entire page is the one of 'Fancy Nancy.' Lame.
Becki said…
I love san Fransisco. Reading your blog makes me want to go so bad! I'm glad the keys situation worked out!
erin said…
What a great blessing of a San Francisco day. Thanks for sharing. Perhaps we will have to take on that heap of an ice cream when I come out next time.
Unknown said…
yeah for Fentons!
Unknown said…
ps can't we just call your kids mindi #1, #2 & #3
Emily J. said…
I am impressed with all you fit in in one day. I am also impressed that you remained calm. I would have been a mess.

Popular Posts