Power 90

So, back in January Dave and I decided it was time to get into shape. We both hadn't exercised in, well, let's just say years. We thought that work out videos would be our best bet, since we don't have a triple jogging stroller or money for a gym membership. We figured we could work out together after we put the kids to bed instead of sitting on our lazy rears eating ice cream.

Dave actually wanted to start with the program called P90X, but we read some reviews online that basically advised people that aren't in shape at all, people like us, to not start with that one. So, we settled with the prequel, Power 90. We had heard of it from my sister who ordered them quite a few years ago. It's basically a fairly intense 90 day workout program that you do 6 days a week for 90 days. You are supposed to take measurements and take pictures before you start, at 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days, to track your progress. You are supposed to change your diet quite a bit but we decided we wanted to achieve our goals without altering our diet too much. I've always tried to cook fairly healthy, so we cut portion sizes, cut out sweets significantly and we stopped eating late at night, as best we could.

And well...we made it. The whole 90 days. And it seems to have worked! Dave has lost 16 pounds putting him below the 200 mark for the first time in a long long time. And he lost 6 inches off his body, including 3 off of his waist. He's having to puncture new holes in his belts so they will fit. I lost 6 pounds and 2 inches in my waist, 2 inches in my hips and 1 1/2 -2 inches in each thigh. Booyah!

The videos are really great. I would and do recommend them to anyone wanting to kick themselves into shape. Not long after we started, several of our friends out here joined the Power 90 club and it's been kind of fun to have other people along for the ride. Good Luck fellow Power 90-ers, you can do it!!!

I'm not going to post the before and after pictures because that's just weird. But I will share some pictures of our celebration date night for completing Power 90 and Dave's birthday.

We went to Outback Steakhouse. I know, of all the places we could have gone in this wonderful cuisine world of San Francisco. What can I say? We are boring, but we loved it.

We threw our "diet" out the window and ordered what ever the heck we wanted. Starting with aussie cheese fries smothered with cheese, covered in bacon and dipped in ranch.

Then we added some yummy ribs. (We did order a salad and only got waters, not that that makes up for the 2900 calorie plate of cheese fries.)

And to top it off we went to Ghirardelli square and got a scrumptious sundae.

(I love how this post started off about getting into shape and being healthy and I end it with that. hmmm)

Comments

Sheri said…
Booyah is right! Congrats to you two! I don't know how you lost any more inches but good for you! I think you deserved some cheesy fries and a sundae!
Anonymous said…
That's awesome! Although, you wouldn't have known you even needed to lose anything. :P Curses! ;) Congratulations to you 2!!
Anonymous said…
I'm OBSESSED with this post! You are soooo funny! Congratulations on making it to the end and then stuffing your faces... I love you!
erin said…
That's so awesome. You guys look great, and I'm sure feel even better. I can't believe how long your hair is too Mindi. Way to go. :)
Rocia said…
hooray! you guys look great. don't feel bad about going to outback. no joke, we are there on at least a monthly basis. it is my favorite place to eat. i am never disappointed and they have great coloring books for the kids. i wish p-90 would work out for us, but i think our neighbors would have us kicked out. i did recommend it to my sisters though booyah.
Becki said…
Good job guys! I think that's awesome!
Kera said…
thanks for the motivation! we are on week two :) man those cheese fries look GOOD.
Emily J. said…
Way to go but how did you find any inches to loose. Maybe I should get Ben and I going. He still can eat three bowls of ice cream in one night and not gain an ounce. He is the devil at our house.

Popular Posts