Graduating Girl


Ali finished her first year of school. It went by fast and she learned a lot and loved it. Her school had a little Kindergarten Graduation which was really cute and lots of fun for the kids. They started singing some songs they've learned over the year and Dave leaned over and whispered, "you know, in just a few years we will be doing this for real". I was already feeling a bit emotional about how fast she is growing up and how proud I am of her and that little comment didn't really help my situation. It was inevitable, the tears could not be stifled. And I was completely aware of the fact that I looked quite silly crying at a kindergarten graduation. Keep it together Mindi, seriously. But I just couldn't help it, she was singing her little heart out and she'd catch me looking at her, and she just beamed.


We found a little flower shop on Union right before and picked out a cute little bouquet for her. And afterward we took her to her favorite restaurant, the Olive Garden. It was fun to see how excited she was to feel so special.

Ali and her teacher Mrs. Lau.

We certainly did have our moments of complete frustration with certain aspects of school, namely homework. But she did very well in kindergarten and I am proud of my little, self proclaimed, graduating girl.

Comments

Bethany said…
Congratulations Ali! How fun for her. I don't blame you at all for crying, I probably would have. They grow up so fast, and even though you try to love every moment they seem to slip by so fast. SO fun though! I can't wait to see you all on Sunday :)
Anonymous said…
Oh, how sweet! She looks really proud! I love the pink cap! I can't believe it's happening so fast, it seems like I just held her as a newborn a year ago... Congrats Cutie! I am already to cry just sending Berkli to school, so I don't blame you at all!
Anonymous said…
That's too cute. Definitely a mommy thing. I just look at Powell right now and get tears in my eyes with how big he's getting. I told Matt that we need to have another one, and fast! ;) Congratulations little graduate!
SuperGreens said…
Hi Mindi. This is Kelly (Hunter) Green. I found your blog from Racheal's. I was hoping to catch up with some of my old friends from school. Where are you living now? Marc and I are in Idaho. We have our blog @ mnkgreen.blogspot.com Hope to hear from you!
Marci said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marci said…
Wow, little graduation robes and everything...no wonder you were crying it looks almost real--intense!. She looks so beautiful.
Joni said…
Can you believe we're old enough to have kids this old?

She looks beautiful (as always). My baby starts kindygarden in just a few weeks. (sigh)
jocelyn said…
That's really cute that they had a graduation. Her hat and robe are so cute! I don't blame you for getting emotional, I think it's a big milestone for a Mom!

Popular Posts