Thanksgiving Trip
I unfortunately don't have very many pictures at all from all the Thanksgiving Festivities.
Our original plan was to stay in San Francisco for Thanksgiving, just because, for us, it's not a long enough weekend to make it worth braving the drive out to Utah. A month or so prior I had called my mom to ask what they were doing for Thanksgiving, in hopes that I could convince them to come out here. After simply asking what they were doing for Thanksgiving the first words out of her mouth were, "Do you want us to fly you home?" Although that was most definitely why I was calling, to mooch some plane tickets home, we very gratefully accepted her offer. I think they would have come here if my sister Marci hadn't already been planning to be there for Thanksgiving, while her husband was on a trip to India. And it worked out nicely because the girls and I flew home a week prior and Dave was able to study for Boards Part II.
We flew out and the plane ride with 3 kids on my own wasn't too bad. Firstly because there were lots of extra seats, so I was able to buckle Molly in, and secondly because I just happened to be on the flight with one of my friends and her little boy. So she graciously supplied my kids with lots of snacks and entertainment. Thanks, Jamie.
Like always, it was very good to see family and it was nice to not be alone in San Francisco for Thanksgiving. In my opinion, Thanksgiving is just not a holiday to celebrate without family.
I brought all sorts of projects, mostly christmas projects to work on. And it was a very productive few weeks for me. I finished my first chenille like rag quilt. (I don't really know what it's called) I made one for two of my sisters little babies. And while I was making them I swore that I was only going to make them for sisters baby's and only one of their babies, one per family, because it was just so time consuming. But seeing the finished project was pretty fun and it made me have hope to attempt more than 7 in my life time, we will see though. My little brother Jon wanted one of his own, and I think I might have to draw the line there. It was so incredibly time consuming for just a baby size blanket, to make it for a full grown young man would be torture, I think. My sister Jamie, taught me how to knit and crochet and I really enjoy both of them. I worked on hats and scarves, jewelry, hair pretties, and a few other little handmade gift projects. There's nothing like having cousins around for my kids to play with, while I enjoy being with my mom and sisters and doing things I love.
Dave actually took boards in Utah because the testing centers in San Francisco were full. So he flew out to Utah the Sunday before Thanksgiving and took boards on Monday and Tuesday. It was nice to have a little extra time off school.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my family's on Thursday. And on Friday ventured out for the yearly crazy black friday shopping, where I, very unfortunately, got a horrible migraine.
The Gordon's always have their Thanksgiving dinner on Friday and it was super fun, because we hadn't told any of them we were coming, in the hopes we could surprise them and it was a success. Then we were back to Bountiful on Sunday for my sister, Jessica's farewell. Dave and Ali flew home on Sunday and some friends helped watch Ali when she wasn't in school, while I stayed an extra few days to go to the Festival of Trees, with my sisters and mom.

We always go to the opening night of the Festival of Trees every year with my mom for her birthday. This year it was actually on her birthday. We went to Texas roadhouse after and here is my super fabulous mom on the birthday saddle at Texas Roadhouse. She's just too fun.

It was good to be able to go. We enjoyed every minute of it. Dave was just a little anxious for us to get back, all together in our home. And it is nice to be back, for a few weeks, and then off to Utah once more.
Our original plan was to stay in San Francisco for Thanksgiving, just because, for us, it's not a long enough weekend to make it worth braving the drive out to Utah. A month or so prior I had called my mom to ask what they were doing for Thanksgiving, in hopes that I could convince them to come out here. After simply asking what they were doing for Thanksgiving the first words out of her mouth were, "Do you want us to fly you home?" Although that was most definitely why I was calling, to mooch some plane tickets home, we very gratefully accepted her offer. I think they would have come here if my sister Marci hadn't already been planning to be there for Thanksgiving, while her husband was on a trip to India. And it worked out nicely because the girls and I flew home a week prior and Dave was able to study for Boards Part II.
We flew out and the plane ride with 3 kids on my own wasn't too bad. Firstly because there were lots of extra seats, so I was able to buckle Molly in, and secondly because I just happened to be on the flight with one of my friends and her little boy. So she graciously supplied my kids with lots of snacks and entertainment. Thanks, Jamie.
Like always, it was very good to see family and it was nice to not be alone in San Francisco for Thanksgiving. In my opinion, Thanksgiving is just not a holiday to celebrate without family.
I brought all sorts of projects, mostly christmas projects to work on. And it was a very productive few weeks for me. I finished my first chenille like rag quilt. (I don't really know what it's called) I made one for two of my sisters little babies. And while I was making them I swore that I was only going to make them for sisters baby's and only one of their babies, one per family, because it was just so time consuming. But seeing the finished project was pretty fun and it made me have hope to attempt more than 7 in my life time, we will see though. My little brother Jon wanted one of his own, and I think I might have to draw the line there. It was so incredibly time consuming for just a baby size blanket, to make it for a full grown young man would be torture, I think. My sister Jamie, taught me how to knit and crochet and I really enjoy both of them. I worked on hats and scarves, jewelry, hair pretties, and a few other little handmade gift projects. There's nothing like having cousins around for my kids to play with, while I enjoy being with my mom and sisters and doing things I love.
Dave actually took boards in Utah because the testing centers in San Francisco were full. So he flew out to Utah the Sunday before Thanksgiving and took boards on Monday and Tuesday. It was nice to have a little extra time off school.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my family's on Thursday. And on Friday ventured out for the yearly crazy black friday shopping, where I, very unfortunately, got a horrible migraine.
The Gordon's always have their Thanksgiving dinner on Friday and it was super fun, because we hadn't told any of them we were coming, in the hopes we could surprise them and it was a success. Then we were back to Bountiful on Sunday for my sister, Jessica's farewell. Dave and Ali flew home on Sunday and some friends helped watch Ali when she wasn't in school, while I stayed an extra few days to go to the Festival of Trees, with my sisters and mom.
We always go to the opening night of the Festival of Trees every year with my mom for her birthday. This year it was actually on her birthday. We went to Texas roadhouse after and here is my super fabulous mom on the birthday saddle at Texas Roadhouse. She's just too fun.
It was good to be able to go. We enjoyed every minute of it. Dave was just a little anxious for us to get back, all together in our home. And it is nice to be back, for a few weeks, and then off to Utah once more.
Comments
I'm so glad I ran into you on Thanksgiving, it had been so long, and your little family is sooo cute. Your girls are seriously so adorable. It was really fun to see you, and I hope I see you again soon!!