Celebration!

Well, I definitely toned things down a notch compared to last year. Ana's birthday festivities were very simple, but I've learned that kids are pretty easy to please. This is not to say that my over the top party planning days are over, because I think it is so fun to do stuff like that for my kids, but it is nice to simplify.

We started the day with some flower pancakes.

Then we brought a pinata and cupcakes to play group, which happened to fall on her exact birthday, perfect. How's that for a simple party?

We were going to take two of her friends to the Discovery Museum for a smaller more personal birthday celebration the next day, but Molly got super sick. Luckily the rest of the birthday festivities made up for the plan cancellation.


She said she wanted ice skates for her birthday. Where in San Fran is she going to go ice skating? So I helped convince her that maybe roller skates would be a good alternative. It was pretty hysterical trying to teach her how to get going on those things, especially when I was helping her, not much of a roller skater myself actually.

And ever since Ali got her heely's Ana has been wanting some of her own. I always thought they didn't make them in her size until Dave was looking and noticed the smallest size they make might actually fit her. And for the record Dave was in fact looking for a pair for himself when he came across that info. He really wants some. Wow, are we 30 or 13? He is seriously a kid at heart and always will be.

And we finished the night with some frozen pizza and cupcakes.

In the end I think she had a fabulous day and she felt pretty special, and that's all that matters. Happy Birthday Nanners!

Comments

Jaimin said…
Mmmm...those cupcakes look delicious...:) Happy Birthday little Ana!! I can't believe how the years are flying by! She was just toddling when I last saw her. :(
Bethany said…
Super fun! Those cupcakes do look pretty good, minus about half the frosting ;) They look so pretty though!
Dave wants Heely's?....Well I can't say I am all that surprised, that's my bro for ya " ) I love 'im

Popular Posts