San Francisco Favorites
A friend of mine used to do a little thing on her blog called Flashback Friday. I am going to steel it, because I need an excuse to blog about lots of things that happened in our little family's life before I entered the blogging world. If I were really on top of it and were up to date in scrapbooking or journaling than I wouldn't need to document pictures from the past and write about them. But since I'm not and I have a gazillion pictures that I have never written about I am going to use my blog, on fridays, to get up to date in my journaling.
So to start off, I'm going back not too far to, the Gordon Family's San Francisco favorites.
A couple of days before we had family come to town, before the crazy weekend of graduation festivities started, I made my little family humor me and run around to all of the places we'd loved the most about San Francisco and take a bunch of pictures. It was really crazy, a lot of jumping in and out of the car and posing for a quick picture. It definitely wasn't a relaxing day of enjoying these beautiful places, but I'm really glad we did it because I love looking at these pictures of our favorite places.

Mama's and the ever-so-yummy Monte Cristo Sandwhich.

Cheesecake factory. What can I say? We loved that place.

Ali's Elementary School, that she loved everything about.

Our church. I never thought I'd say this, but I will miss having to leave 1/2 hour or more before church even starts just to get a parking spot in the tiny parking lot. Often times finishing up hair and makeup in the parking lot before church started.

Our fun little ice cream shop. I know it's super touristy but we always like it. I loved the cookie bottom sundae.


Pier 39 we didn't ever go to on our own, it was always a place we took people when they came to visit, but the girls always loved seeing the sea lions. And I loved when we stopped at Boudins. I loved their grilled cheese and tomatoe soup.

Marin Headlands


Our favorite park, Alta Plaza Park, that we always just called "the park by daddy's school". Amazing views.

Especially the first year, we loved bringing a lunch and having Dave meet us there for a picnic.



We always loved playing in the sand box. I love that sand by the way, all the fun but none of the mess. It was perfect.

Golden Gate Park. Queen Wilhemina's Tulip Garden, which Ana liked to call Telula Land. Other favorites in Golden Gate Park that we weren't able to go see that day are The Japanese Tea Gardens, Conservatory of Flowers, and pretty much anywhere in there. It is breathtakingly beautiful.

Alamo Square. Again we didn't venture out here very much unless we had company, but that's one of the reasons we loved when company came because we got to see these fabulous places. (Oh and I was such a fan of full house when I was little that I got a kick out of coming here.)


And of course good old Baker Beach.

I just don't think I can ever get enough of any view of the Golden Gate Bridge.


The Palace of Fine Arts. Feeding the ducks (well I guess most often it was the seagulls), and Asian paparazzi and all.

And my all time favorite place Crissy Field.

I could go picnic and fly kites there everyday.


Sutro Heights Park or Eladorphia, as Ali likes to call it.

Beautiful place





So there you have, in picture form, our family's favorite things about San Francisco. I've delayed blogging this for a long time because I've gotten so emotional when I'd look at these pictures and because it's the last pictures from San Francisco I haven't blogged about yet. So I guess I felt like as soon as I finished this post my amazing experience in San Francisco is officially over (since blogs are so official).
But it is what it is and life there really is over and now onto the next adventure. But San Francisco, there is a little piece of my heart that I left there with you and I will be sure to visit often.
So to start off, I'm going back not too far to, the Gordon Family's San Francisco favorites.
A couple of days before we had family come to town, before the crazy weekend of graduation festivities started, I made my little family humor me and run around to all of the places we'd loved the most about San Francisco and take a bunch of pictures. It was really crazy, a lot of jumping in and out of the car and posing for a quick picture. It definitely wasn't a relaxing day of enjoying these beautiful places, but I'm really glad we did it because I love looking at these pictures of our favorite places.

Mama's and the ever-so-yummy Monte Cristo Sandwhich.

Cheesecake factory. What can I say? We loved that place.

Ali's Elementary School, that she loved everything about.

Our church. I never thought I'd say this, but I will miss having to leave 1/2 hour or more before church even starts just to get a parking spot in the tiny parking lot. Often times finishing up hair and makeup in the parking lot before church started.

Our fun little ice cream shop. I know it's super touristy but we always like it. I loved the cookie bottom sundae.


Pier 39 we didn't ever go to on our own, it was always a place we took people when they came to visit, but the girls always loved seeing the sea lions. And I loved when we stopped at Boudins. I loved their grilled cheese and tomatoe soup.

Marin Headlands


Our favorite park, Alta Plaza Park, that we always just called "the park by daddy's school". Amazing views.

Especially the first year, we loved bringing a lunch and having Dave meet us there for a picnic.



We always loved playing in the sand box. I love that sand by the way, all the fun but none of the mess. It was perfect.

Golden Gate Park. Queen Wilhemina's Tulip Garden, which Ana liked to call Telula Land. Other favorites in Golden Gate Park that we weren't able to go see that day are The Japanese Tea Gardens, Conservatory of Flowers, and pretty much anywhere in there. It is breathtakingly beautiful.

Alamo Square. Again we didn't venture out here very much unless we had company, but that's one of the reasons we loved when company came because we got to see these fabulous places. (Oh and I was such a fan of full house when I was little that I got a kick out of coming here.)


And of course good old Baker Beach.

I just don't think I can ever get enough of any view of the Golden Gate Bridge.


The Palace of Fine Arts. Feeding the ducks (well I guess most often it was the seagulls), and Asian paparazzi and all.

And my all time favorite place Crissy Field.

I could go picnic and fly kites there everyday.


Sutro Heights Park or Eladorphia, as Ali likes to call it.

Beautiful place





So there you have, in picture form, our family's favorite things about San Francisco. I've delayed blogging this for a long time because I've gotten so emotional when I'd look at these pictures and because it's the last pictures from San Francisco I haven't blogged about yet. So I guess I felt like as soon as I finished this post my amazing experience in San Francisco is officially over (since blogs are so official).
But it is what it is and life there really is over and now onto the next adventure. But San Francisco, there is a little piece of my heart that I left there with you and I will be sure to visit often.
Comments