Broken Bone



Guess who's arm this is? Oh, it's only the person that needs his right arm to practice dentistry to graduate dental school, no big deal right? Yes, Dave broke his arm, his right one actually. I don't know all the technical terms for it all but I guess the pictures can explain it a bit. (You can see it better in the first x-ray) The black line in the head of the radius is small but is causing him quite a bit of pain.

He's commented that it's kind of ironic because he had a "somewhat rambunctious youth, seemingly risking life and limb at every opportunity" and he never even came close to braking anything. And now his first broken bone comes when he is in his 2nd year of dental school, just starting out in the clinic, seeing patients. How perfect.

I, of course, tried to remain calm (tried being the key term). I actually wasn't that bad. I remained pretty level headed, but I had a momentary break down. I cried for a while and worried quite a bit. But I guess it could be worse. He still can use his fingers and wrist and he will most likely not have to have a cast. We've also heard a few people tell us that they had a similar situation and it healed really fast. So, we are hopeful for a speedy recovery, without too much time lost at school.

Getting ready for church was interesting though. We were half an hour late. We did wake up late so I can't blame it all on the injury. But I had to button his shirt, tighten his tie, lace his belt. He could have done it on his own, but to save time he asked me.

So there you have it: Another exciting day in our life.

Comments

Patrick&Kera said…
We were wondering about that? How did he break it?
Mindi said…
I guess I should have written that in my little post. He was jumping over his friend and his friend wasn't aware of what Dave was trying to do so he ducked, naturally, and Dave fell from a really high jump on to the ground. Pretty silly.
Sheri said…
Oh man! Hopefully it will heal fast!
sheri
emalina49a said…
So is that in his elbow I am assuming?!? I did that in eighth grade. Quick fix but it hurt like crazy for few days.
erin said…
Smartie Pants. Get better quick! Cute pregnant Mindi can't do everything for the one armed man.
Joni said…
Oh Dave!
Not really surprised.
I hope it all heals quickly.

Popular Posts