Fun with Dave's Family
We were able to spend some time with Dave's family in Utah and here in San Francisco. Some of them came out here to visit and go to Dave's white coat ceremony.
In Utah we had a big family party on the 4th of July. We started the day with a family picture. Then we had a baby shower for Dave's sister, Bethany, who is expecting her first little baby. And for Dave's brother's wife, Shari, who is eagerly awaiting news that they can adopt a new little baby. It was a family affair though so Dave's sister, Erin and I did some interesting and fun games that we thought the guys might enjoy. So one of them was melting chocolate candy bars in diapers and having everyone guess what candy bar it was. They took it upon themselves to taste them. It made for some pretty interesting pictures.

Bethany, the mother to be.

Then we went to a parade where we were able to watch Dave's younger brother lead the marching band. He is drum major. The kids loved the parade and all the candy that was thrown there way.

I love small town parades, I think it reminds me of my home town.

Ali and cousin Grace, I love the blue eyes.

We came back to the house and let the kids play in the sprinklers and had snow cones.

These are 7 of the 9 grandchildren on Daves side. There are 3 more due this year and hopefully another one to join our family through adoption to Rich and Shari. The exciting and crazy thing about this family is that the grandkids have only just begun. There are 10 kids in Dave's family and only 4 have started to have kids. Needless to say my kids will have a lot and lot of cousins.
We then had the all time favorite, Dave's family special "Taco Salad". Then put on a homemade fireworks show. The only time my kids have ever fallen asleep in my lap was during loud, and crazy fireworks show, go figure. And this time was no different, little Ana fell right asleep in my lap. Ali didn't fall asleep but she did get burned through her night gown with a spark from a sparkler. I think she will be afraid of those for a while.

I think this particular one was called the "flaming rebel"

The next morning some of the guys went jeeping.
Then only a few days after we got back to our home Dave's parents, three younger brothers, older brother and his wife came to stay with us for a few days. They went to see all the sights while Dave was in school. I stayed home for a lot of the sight seeing just because I knew as a pregnant lady with 2 small children, I would get worn out and we would only slow them down. They went to Alcatraz, Fishermans' Warf, Alamo Square, walked the Golden Gate Bridge, Oakland Temple. We did take them to see the Submarine on the warf. Dave's whole family, including himself, are way into to war history. We went to Cheesecake factory. They headed home on today, sunday, after church after being able to be a part of a special day at church for Dave. :)
We certainly feel lucky to have such wonderful families. And we love to spend time with all of them.
In Utah we had a big family party on the 4th of July. We started the day with a family picture. Then we had a baby shower for Dave's sister, Bethany, who is expecting her first little baby. And for Dave's brother's wife, Shari, who is eagerly awaiting news that they can adopt a new little baby. It was a family affair though so Dave's sister, Erin and I did some interesting and fun games that we thought the guys might enjoy. So one of them was melting chocolate candy bars in diapers and having everyone guess what candy bar it was. They took it upon themselves to taste them. It made for some pretty interesting pictures.
Bethany, the mother to be.
Then we went to a parade where we were able to watch Dave's younger brother lead the marching band. He is drum major. The kids loved the parade and all the candy that was thrown there way.
I love small town parades, I think it reminds me of my home town.
Ali and cousin Grace, I love the blue eyes.
We came back to the house and let the kids play in the sprinklers and had snow cones.
These are 7 of the 9 grandchildren on Daves side. There are 3 more due this year and hopefully another one to join our family through adoption to Rich and Shari. The exciting and crazy thing about this family is that the grandkids have only just begun. There are 10 kids in Dave's family and only 4 have started to have kids. Needless to say my kids will have a lot and lot of cousins.
We then had the all time favorite, Dave's family special "Taco Salad". Then put on a homemade fireworks show. The only time my kids have ever fallen asleep in my lap was during loud, and crazy fireworks show, go figure. And this time was no different, little Ana fell right asleep in my lap. Ali didn't fall asleep but she did get burned through her night gown with a spark from a sparkler. I think she will be afraid of those for a while.
I think this particular one was called the "flaming rebel"
The next morning some of the guys went jeeping.
Then only a few days after we got back to our home Dave's parents, three younger brothers, older brother and his wife came to stay with us for a few days. They went to see all the sights while Dave was in school. I stayed home for a lot of the sight seeing just because I knew as a pregnant lady with 2 small children, I would get worn out and we would only slow them down. They went to Alcatraz, Fishermans' Warf, Alamo Square, walked the Golden Gate Bridge, Oakland Temple. We did take them to see the Submarine on the warf. Dave's whole family, including himself, are way into to war history. We went to Cheesecake factory. They headed home on today, sunday, after church after being able to be a part of a special day at church for Dave. :)
We certainly feel lucky to have such wonderful families. And we love to spend time with all of them.
Comments