Wicked Weekend
The perfect weekend: A road trip with the most fabulous girls and a chance to see one of the best musicals ever.
I keep telling people that I feel so lucky to have such great friends here is San Francisco. Dave didn't get into dental school the first time we applied and I couldn't understand why. I was very frustrated with the whole situation and I couldn't see why we wouldn't get the blessing of getting in after all the hard work and sacrifice. (Not that other people getting in didn't work hard, it was just my mindset at the time) Turns out, now, I can realize a lot of the reasons we weren't supposed to get in that first year and one of them is the amazing people that are in this year of school with us.

We set out on Friday evening after our husbands got home from school. We had to rent an 8 passenger vehicle to fit us all and ended up with a Ford Expedition. (which I think all of us decided we will never own, they aren't the most stable cars) We stopped at In and Out for some dinner and then made it to LA at about 1:30 in the morning, I think. We then were informed that they didn't have two adjoining rooms like we had reserved and decided to upgrade us to suites to compensate the inconvenience. We ended up not even on the same floor and only one of the rooms was a suite and the suite only had one bed. So they finally arranged for us to be in a different room with 2 beds.

By the time we started to go to sleep, at 4:30, the fire alarm went off just on our floor. We assumed it was important because they wouldn't just have some type of drill at that hour in the morning so we grabbed our purses and used the potty for fear of being stuck without one for a while, and set out down the stairs, which took us to the back part of the hotel or something, maybe the kitchen area. Whatever it was we felt pretty lost and were grateful there really wasn't a fire because we might have been in a bad situation. We finally found our way outside and found out that some people were messing around and broke the fire exinguisher box just on our floor and were sent back to our room. So after all that and all the talking that we girls love to do we finally got to sleep around 5:30. Lovely night it was.

The play wasn't until 2:00 in the afternoon, and we thought we would have a lot more time to go see stuff before the play, but with getting to bed that late and not needing to wake up for any reason we took our time. We did however get a note by our door from a guy named Jason who we must have seen on the elevator on the way up from the fire fiasco. The only guy we can think that it might be is this nasty guy with no shirt on and a gold chain. The note said "Hi Ladies, saw you during the fire alarm. If you want to hang out call me" he left is phone number and we could not stop laughing at it. Especially because two out of the four of us were obviously pregnant. After finishing getting ready and checking out we grabbed some lunch right close to the theater and then were off to see Wicked.

Outside the Pantages Theater

Ready to go see the show
The show was AMAZING!!!! I loved it. It's all about the Witches of Oz and their stories. It's like the Wizard of Oz but the camera is moved slightly to another part of the story, if that makes any sense. It is extremely clever and the music is fabulous. There is a beautiful song at the end called "Because I Knew You", that rung true to how I feel about these fabulous girls I went with. I've actually had the cd for a while and I knew all the songs and it was great to finally get to see and understand the whole story.

Then after the show we went to see the stars on Hollywood Blvd and the hand and footprints of the stars in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre. (Which I read is the most famous movie theater in the world.)

A few of us in front of the Chinese Theatre

Yes, I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and this is a few of my other Harry Potter followers at the Harry Potter square from the most recent movie.

This past year of dental school, a lot of our "girl's nights" were watching American Idol. So it only seemed fitting to get a picture outside the Kodak Theater.

Ready to get back on the road again.

After our lovely dinner at a Pizza Hut Express on the way back.

And here is our lovely "trip mascot", courtesy of Rocia. We love you Elphaba!!
I keep telling people that I feel so lucky to have such great friends here is San Francisco. Dave didn't get into dental school the first time we applied and I couldn't understand why. I was very frustrated with the whole situation and I couldn't see why we wouldn't get the blessing of getting in after all the hard work and sacrifice. (Not that other people getting in didn't work hard, it was just my mindset at the time) Turns out, now, I can realize a lot of the reasons we weren't supposed to get in that first year and one of them is the amazing people that are in this year of school with us.
We set out on Friday evening after our husbands got home from school. We had to rent an 8 passenger vehicle to fit us all and ended up with a Ford Expedition. (which I think all of us decided we will never own, they aren't the most stable cars) We stopped at In and Out for some dinner and then made it to LA at about 1:30 in the morning, I think. We then were informed that they didn't have two adjoining rooms like we had reserved and decided to upgrade us to suites to compensate the inconvenience. We ended up not even on the same floor and only one of the rooms was a suite and the suite only had one bed. So they finally arranged for us to be in a different room with 2 beds.
By the time we started to go to sleep, at 4:30, the fire alarm went off just on our floor. We assumed it was important because they wouldn't just have some type of drill at that hour in the morning so we grabbed our purses and used the potty for fear of being stuck without one for a while, and set out down the stairs, which took us to the back part of the hotel or something, maybe the kitchen area. Whatever it was we felt pretty lost and were grateful there really wasn't a fire because we might have been in a bad situation. We finally found our way outside and found out that some people were messing around and broke the fire exinguisher box just on our floor and were sent back to our room. So after all that and all the talking that we girls love to do we finally got to sleep around 5:30. Lovely night it was.
The play wasn't until 2:00 in the afternoon, and we thought we would have a lot more time to go see stuff before the play, but with getting to bed that late and not needing to wake up for any reason we took our time. We did however get a note by our door from a guy named Jason who we must have seen on the elevator on the way up from the fire fiasco. The only guy we can think that it might be is this nasty guy with no shirt on and a gold chain. The note said "Hi Ladies, saw you during the fire alarm. If you want to hang out call me" he left is phone number and we could not stop laughing at it. Especially because two out of the four of us were obviously pregnant. After finishing getting ready and checking out we grabbed some lunch right close to the theater and then were off to see Wicked.
Outside the Pantages Theater
Ready to go see the show
The show was AMAZING!!!! I loved it. It's all about the Witches of Oz and their stories. It's like the Wizard of Oz but the camera is moved slightly to another part of the story, if that makes any sense. It is extremely clever and the music is fabulous. There is a beautiful song at the end called "Because I Knew You", that rung true to how I feel about these fabulous girls I went with. I've actually had the cd for a while and I knew all the songs and it was great to finally get to see and understand the whole story.
Then after the show we went to see the stars on Hollywood Blvd and the hand and footprints of the stars in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre. (Which I read is the most famous movie theater in the world.)
A few of us in front of the Chinese Theatre
Yes, I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and this is a few of my other Harry Potter followers at the Harry Potter square from the most recent movie.
This past year of dental school, a lot of our "girl's nights" were watching American Idol. So it only seemed fitting to get a picture outside the Kodak Theater.
Ready to get back on the road again.
After our lovely dinner at a Pizza Hut Express on the way back.
And here is our lovely "trip mascot", courtesy of Rocia. We love you Elphaba!!
Comments
sheri
I'm just wondering if you remember how we said that.
Jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous.
I seriously don't know if I can read your blog anymore.