Drum Roll Please.....





Apparently we know how to make baby girls. Yes, baby number three is another Gordon Girl. We had our ultrasound today and she was definitely a girl. She was a very active little thing, moving around everywhere. We saw a hand, a foot, the legs and the profile; you know all the cute things. But more importantly everything looks fabulous. She appears to be very very healthy and very active, and right on schedule.

I told the ultrasound tech that with our other two, the doctors always said, "umm, I'd say 70-80% a girl". Not because I wanted a boy, just because I wanted to be sure. She said with all the different angles and looks she got, that it was definitely a baby girl. I guess I was pretty shocked, I was just kind of expecting it to be a little boy. I didn't have "a feeling" or anything, just assumed. But it certainly was a nice surprise. Three little girls, lots of pink, dress ups, ponies, dolls and emotions soaring high in our house. I can't wait until the teenage years. (yikes) Ali and Ana were beyond thrilled. Ali said, "I knew it was a girl". Dave and I are both extremely excited. The only bummer was when the doctor came in, and, for some reason said, "You know after having 3 babies of the same gender your chances of having a baby of the opposite gender dramatically decrease" So that kind of bummed us out, not that this one wasn't a boy, that the "chances" of us having a boy in the future are not so good. But we got home and looked up statistics and we don't think this doctor knew what she was talking about. And it doesn't really matter what the statistics say, Heavenly Father has and will send us the little ones that are supposed to come to our family at the right time. So there you have it, Dave is quickly getting out numbered. He just says he'll have to get these girls into fishing and camping and other outdoorsy type things, so he has a "pal" for all his hobbies.

Look out world here comes Baby Gordon Girl #3.

(For those of you who can't see it, the pictures from top to bottom are profile, foot, 3-d legs, and a hand)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay!
stacibee said…
Congratulations Mindi!! You keep getting sent lots of girls because they all come out so beautiful!
Mishlers said…
So, does that mean we are going to have a Sparkle? That was the name Ali told me the baby would get! :)
~Heather
Joni said…
Sweet! She'll be just as beautiful as your first two. Glad everything looks good.
Mindi said…
Oh dear, that little Ali. When she was probably 2 or something she named all of her babies and ponies and she came up with some pretty interesting names. Luckily she won't have a say in it this time, maybe she can name her daughter someday sparkle. :)
Anonymous said…
Congrats! Those are some of the clearest ultrasounds I've ever seen. There are 3 girls, a boy, a girl, and then a boy in my family. My aunt has 8 girls and 1 boy (kind of in the middle), so hope is not lost for a boy. But it might depend on how many kids you're willing to have! Maybe I'll send you something blue just for variety. :)

Steph Ray

Popular Posts