TADA!!

Yes, there is a little something to read into, on those shirts. Baby # 3 is on it's way! We are super excited. It feels like it's been a really long time since I've been pregnant. Ana and this next little one will be 3 1/2 years apart. Which is quite a change from the 22 months in between Ali and Ana. I am 17 weeks along, and we have our ultrasound on friday. We shall see what's in store for us this time. Baby is due September 17.

Dave doesn't like having a set plan for when our children will come, he just wants to have them when ever we feel like we should. Despite this a while after Ana was born we talked about it and decided that having about a 4 year break would be good, especially with dental school, moving and such. We felt like that was a good decision and felt good about it. So that was the plan. Then as it happened with Ana, I just knew that it was time for the next baby. So there you have it. The timing of it all didn't seem perfect. But when is the perfect time for having a baby? I went through the first trimester of feeling sick and tired and extra emotional (although I don't know how much of the emotional "extras" are pregnancy and not just me) during, what we heard and came to realize was, the worst quarter of dental school. And the baby is also due during finals week, and right around the time Dave will need to be studying for boards. I guess that's when you just trust that Heavenly Father will make it all work out, especially when you know with such surity that it was the right time.


I am not feeling as sick. It's kind of an off and on type thing. Some days I feel horrible and some days I don't even feel pregnant. I am starting to show, which makes it a little more real. I have also heard the heartbeat twice. We didn't start telling people until we heard the heart beat (except for a few friends out here that it was a bit to challenging to keep it a secret). With my first 2 pregnancies we didn't waste any time in telling people. I guess I was just a bit paranoid. It just seems unreal that I could have 3 pregnancies, with no miscarriages and completely healthy babies. I think from now on, every time we are expecting a baby after this, the paranoia will just get worse and worse.


Dave definately wants a little boy, understandably. The girls want another little girl, of coarse. After Ali told me she wanted it to be a girl I said, "But don't you think it would be fun to have a little boy and have cars, trucks and trains. And be able to dress him in blues and greens" She said, "Yeah, but if we have a girl, we could get pink and purple and red stuff, and I love those colors". Apparently she doesn't think we have enough princesses and dolls and girly colors around. (Which is not at all true, we have our fair share in this house. You should see laundry day, pink is everywhere) As for me, to be honest, I would be happy with either one. I really wanted my girls to be girls. I didn't necessarily grow up thinking, "I want my first two children to be girls", but while I was pregnant with them I really wanted both of them to be girls. Now that I have my two little girls, the thought of a little boy is really exciting, and the thought of another little girl is familar and fun too. (I'm sure Dave will want me to put in a little plug that he will be happy with either too. Just after being completely outnumbered, he would a love another guy around the house)


I will post the news on our new little one as soon as we get it. We are certainly excited for our growing little family(but then again maybe we won't be considered little anymore).

Comments

Joni said…
Congrats again. I can't wait to see you. I'm rootin' for a boy! They're actually a lot more fun than I bargained for.
Anonymous said…
Okay so how weird, I am due September 20th!! That make sme feel better I won't be the only one with 3!!! Congrats! I'm way excited for you guys and I miss you like crazy!!
Anonymous said…
Go mindi. Blogs rule.

Earn points and get an Ipod

http://www.poker-prizes.net/?referral=1168
Mi'Chelle said…
oh

my

goodness!!!


I am so excited for you. I was just thinking about your "4 year plan" the other day, wondering how that was coming along.

Yay!

I'm so excited for you! Congrats, and good luck.
Michelle said…
I can't wait to find out what you are having! You are an awesome mom and your girls (and maybe boy?) are lucky to have you!
~Michelle
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness!! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! :)

Popular Posts