Stop and smell the flowers.



I like having those moments where you do "stop" and look at your life almost as if from the outside. You can breath and think for a minute and forget about the chaos of hectic life. And who better to remind you to do that every once in a while than little children. How quick they are to notice the beautiful things in life. They take pleasure in the most simple things. How I wish I could look at this world as my little girls do. Full of excitement and wonder for everything around them. I guess there is much for me to learn from my beautiful girls.

Even though Easter is not normally a time thought of for resolutions, it is a time for new life right? So, I find myself wanting to start anew. Where I think much less of the stresses that normally, in a sense, rule my life and I spend my time enjoying the little things; what I have. I guess, in a sense, looking at life from a new angle where I let myself "stop and smell the flowers" a little bit more.


Comments

stacibee said…
Mindi Lou Hoo! I didn't know that you started a blog! I'm so excited for you!! AND you're pregnant again! Congrats!!!! I would love for you to have a little boy too. Boys are SOOOO much fun! Well...enough exclamation points. I love that we'll be able to keep in touch this way. Keep it up!
Sheri said…
mindi-the pics of the girls and the flowers are so pretty. I love that you started a blog because I just did too! I am going to save yours if thats okay...heres ours:
mostvaluablepossession.blogspot.com
love sheri
Anonymous said…
I love those pics! Where are they taken?
Mindi said…
The pictures were taken at the conservatory of flowers in Golden Gate Park. It was beautiful, but the flowers were starting to die, a few weeks earlier and it would have been perfect.

Popular Posts