Here goes Nothing!!



Well, I finally started a blog. I'm not very computer savvy, so we'll see how well I do with this. I just wanted to do it because I thought it would be a nice journal that I might actually write on. So here I am.
Just a little update for those who are interested. We are in the 4th quarter of dental school, with only 8 more to go after this one, but who's counting? You may notice I say we, that was on purpose. Although Dave is the one who is actually going to school and doing all the "school" work, I feel just as much a part of it all as he is. He likes to joke about it all when I say comments such as these, but he tells me he couldn't do it with out me. Ahhh! Dave is doing well and he is loving school, he enjoys dentistry so much. Which is a good thing after all the time invested in getting here.
We are living in San Francisco. Which is probably one of the most unique cities ever. We are loving it here, we have great friends and are in a great ward. We live right close to the beach, mind you it's certainly not a tropical place. But still you can't beat having a view of the ocean from your front room window. Our 6 year anniversary is just around the corner.
Our dramatic, fiesty independent Ali is almost 5. Which, yes, means a whole new chapter of our life; school age children. She will start kindergarten this fall and is very ready to get out of being in our couped up apartment all day. She is going to love school (if we ever figure out where she will go, that's another story for another day, stay tuned)
Our adorable, loveable, impossible to get mad at little Ana is already 3. How quickly time flies. She has the most amazing curly red hair. We need to put her in a little red dress and teach her to sing, "The Sun Will Come Out". Her little voice is about the cutest thing you've ever heard. My friend here in San Fran said, "I just want to bottle up her voice and save it for when I'm having a bad day". She makes us laugh all the time with the crazy things her mind thinks of.
As for me, I am plugging along doing what I always do. I do like it here, I welcome the times we get to go back "home" to visit family. But it really is amazing to me to be here, finally. It seemed like something we have been working on so hard and for so long that it's crazy that we are actually here in dental school. It aslo seems so weird that I can essentially see the light at the end of the tunnel. Meaning, in just about two years, we will be done with school. WHAT, no more school!! We don't know life any other way. I am rarely finding time for most of my hobbies, which is kind of sad. It's mainly because of laziness, but also for the lack of space in our tiny apartment.
Well that is it for now. I'm excited to have a place to come and write and actually record some of my life. Until another day. I'm out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mindi,
I found your blog through someone elses. I find myself reading blogs on Mondays when I don't have the energy to be productive. It is fun to get to know you a little better. I'm so glad that you like it here in San Francisco. The picture of Ali close-up is great! And Ana's voice really is the cutest EVER!
I'm sorry that kindergarten has been so stressful; they say it cannot be any other way. Congratulations for enduring the process. I admire your efforts, persistence, and faith. I know it will all work out for you.
Your friend,
Paula

Popular Posts